- I am looking for suggestions on the operational aspect of maintaining various security policies (authentication/authorization policies, etc.).
- A specific operational concern is maintaining authorization policies for securing service-to-service communication. We have different teams maintaining different services, and we want to establish a process for setting policies for services that can communicate with each other. We want to avoid creating a dependency on a small group of individuals to maintain the authorization policy YAML files.
- What practices are generally followed in this regard? Is there any tool that provides a user interface for this?
- The required tool should have key functionalities such as access management, approvals, version history, and audit (Does Kiali have approval/version history workflows?)
- While using Git is certainly an option, a Git-based workflow won’t abstract away the “YAML” files.