Custom Access log format

Is there a way to configure ingress access log format? Currently, I can see from

curl 0:15000/config_dump

from within the ingress pod

“access_log”: [
{
“name”: “envoy.file_access_log”,
“config”: {
“path”: “/dev/stdout”,
“format”: “[%START_TIME%] “%REQ(:METHOD)% %REQ(X-ENVOY-ORIGINAL-PATH?:PATH)%%PROTOCOL%” %RESPONSE_CODE% %RESPONSE_FLAGS% %BYTES_RECEIVED% %BYTES_SENT% %DURATION% %RESP(X-ENVOY-UPSTREAM-SERVICE-TIME)% “%REQ(X-FORWARDED-FOR)%” “%REQ(USER-AGENT)%” “%REQ(X-REQUEST-ID)%” “%REQ(:AUTHORITY)%” “%UPSTREAM_HOST%” %UPSTREAM_CLUSTER% %UPSTREAM_LOCAL_ADDRESS% %DOWNSTREAM_LOCAL_ADDRESS% %DOWNSTREAM_REMOTE_ADDRESS%\n”
}
}
]

Instead of access log directly, I can use telemetry via logentry but I’m most interesting on custom access log way. Anyway, any pointer will be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Were you able to find a solution for this ? how to customize access log format for envoy logs ?

Try to specify that in helm.

How can I do it manually. ? What config map property I have to change to do this ?

@Sourabh_Wadhwa You can find information here: https://istio.io/docs/tasks/telemetry/logs/access-log/#enable-envoy-s-access-logging

There is some info about access log but it doesnt talk about - what property we have to change in which config-map of istio-system namespace to change access log_format.

@Sourabh_Wadhwa
Did you find an option to make a change to default access log format? If yes, may I know what it is?