Need help understanding Egress Gateways with multiple hosts

Hi all, I’m working on setting up an Egress Gateway. I have a simple one that handles traffic for one host configured based on the Istio docs, so that part is fine. But when I look at how to handle multiple hosts, I find this verbiage:

To direct multiple hosts through an egress gateway, you can include a list of hosts, or use * to match all, in the Gateway . The subset field in the DestinationRule should be reused for the additional hosts.

here

Unfortunately I have no idea what “The subset field in the DestinationRule should be reused for the additional hosts.” means. Is this talking about the DestinationRule for the Gateway itself? If so, how then do I use subsets to link traffic for multiple hosts to the Gateway? A subset does not seem to include any information about hosts within it’s scope, so I’m not sure what this is telling me to do.

Does anybody have an example of this with just, say, two hosts? Just so I can see how the relationship between the DR and the EgressGateway works?

Thanks!

I have the same confusion with the doc. Have you got any answer or insight on this already?