Routing between external services using Istio and TLS


#1

I have a Kubernetes cluster that uses MySQL DB as an external service (using RDS service by AWS).
I would like to route the traffic to another MySQL instance using Istio, so that 10% of the traffic will go to the first instance and the other 90% will go to the new MySQL DB instance.
Another issue here is that the new MySQL DB is using TLS.

Is it possible using Istio?


#2

It sounds like you would like to use external services for MySQL and configure request routing with traffic shifting weights.