Hello, my friends,
I am pleased to self-nominate to serve as an Environment’s Workgroup co-lead. I’ve been in this role since around 2017.
I have numerous leadership experience positions, including leading several large scale open source projects (corosync, heat, magnum, kolla) s as well as serving on the board of directors of the OpenStack foundation.
I’d like to share what I think is important for our workgroup to solve during 2020:
- Become more organized about how we plan and execute work
- Solve (continuously) our backlog of high priority issues
- Automate operations while also retaining the ability for very large scale operators to manage Istio using custom workflows
- Unify multicluster technologies into a coherent model that operators can use
- Make connecting virtual machines to a service mesh a first clast technology in Istio across cloud providers
I would be pleased to accept your vote of confidence in the objectives I want to see us tackle in the remainder of this year and 2020.