Greetings Istio Aficionados,
Yesterday we created Istio 1.1.0-snapshot.6 - February 2019 Pre-Release.
Snapshot6 is only a few PRs shy of RC0, our first 1.1 release candidate, so we’d greatly appreciate your help testing it. While our automated unit tests, integration tests, e2e tests, performance tests, and long-running burn-in tests give us a pretty clear signal, we still need help from everyone in the community to step through the preliminary 1.1 documentation and confirm our documentation actually works for Istio 1.1.
If you can help us, please:
- Add your github handle to the testing signup sheet and put “X” against line items that you would like to test. If you cannot access this sheet, email email@example.com and I’ll share it with you.
- Perform the test and if there are no bugs, replace “X” with “Done”.
- If you run into bugs/issues then please open an entry in GitHub and add the link inplace of “X”.
Additionally, there will be a Testing Q&A session on Thursday 2/21/19 9am-1pm PT.
- This session is intended for people who have claimed items in the testing signup sheet to ask questions, get help, and raise issues.
- Representatives from each component will be in attendance so please take advantage of it.